americanexpress.com/upgradeplatinum – How To Upgrade American Express Platinum Credit Card
Upgrade to American Express Platinum Credit Card
American Express is known for its wide range of competitive credit cards and charge cards. American Express offers some of the exciting reward rates on their credit cards. Here you will get no annual fee credit cards to luxury travel cards.
But what you will do if your AMEX card does not meet your requirements? To earn the travel benefits, you might sign up for the premium card. You may also apply for the no annual fees credit card in the market.
If you thinking of opening a new account just by canceling the current one, that would be another mistake. As it interferes with credit utilization, it can hart your credit score. In this situation, your only option is available to change the product.
Eligibility Requirements for AMEX Card Upgradation:
There are some strict requirements for the product upgrade or downgrade to specific cards. You just have to meet the opening and account spending eleigiblity. Before upgrading your card, make sure to follow these restrictions.
The type of card you want:
While having a same account, if you want to upgrade your card, then the new card must offer the same rewards as your old one. That means you cannot randomly upgrade your card to any other card, what ever you want.
There is not any option for switching between the credit cards and charge cards. If you are a co-branded AMEX card user, then you can not apply for another credit card.
Before upgrade your new AMEX card, make sure to check that your account is in good standing. Your standing is completely depends on your on-time payment history and responsible card usage.
How to Upgrade to AMEX Express Platinum Card:
American Express usually sends the upgrade offers to the user accounts by mail. Using this mail, you can upgrade your card. The lucky customers, who have the American Express Gold credit card may have received a promotional mailing to upgrade your card to Platinum edition. To upgrade your card, you need to follow these instructions below:
- First, you have to visit this link americanexpress.com/upgradeplatinum.
- Then, simply provide your RSVP code and the last 4 digits of SSN.
- After that, you need to click on the Continue button.
- Then, follow the steps further to complete the application process.
Benefits of AMEX Platinum Credit Card:
These following benefits you will get with the American Express Platinum Credit Card:
- You can earn 70,000 membership points on spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of your account opening.
- On prepaid hotel booking, you will get 5X points.
- On all your other eligible purchases, you will get to earn 1X points.
Rates and Fees of American Express Platinum Card
Interest Rates and Interest Charges:
- APR for Purchase: The purchase APR for this card is 25.24%, but can vary on market based prime rate.
- APR for Cash Advances: For the cash advance, your APR will be 25.24%.
- Annual Fee: American Express Platinum Card charges $550 for the annual fees.
- Cash Advance Fee: For the cash advance, you will be charged 5% of the amount of at least $10 minimum.
- Foreign Transaction Fee: There will be no foreign transaction fees for the AMEX Platinum Card.
- Late Payment Fee: For the late payment fee, you will be charged up to $40.
How to Activate American Express Credit Card:
Before using your American Express Platinum Card, you have to go through the activation process. The activation process is quite simple. You just need to follow these instructions to activate your card:
- First, you have to visit the official website of the American Express.
- You can simply click on this link americanexpress.com, you will be redirected to the website.
- There, you need to click on the My Account option on the top menu.
- From there, you have to select Confirm Your Card option.
- Provide your 15 digits card number on the first field.
- Then, input your 4 digits of card ID.
- After that, you just need to click on the Confirm button for further steps.
Also Read : Activate Your BOA CSL Plasma Prepaid Card Online
How to Pay AMEX Platinum Card Bill:
You can pay your Platinum Card bill online. To make the payment, you just need to follow these instructions below:
- First, you have to visit the official website of American Express.
- By clicking on this link americanexpress.com, you will be redirected to the website.
- You will get the login section on your homepage.
- There, you have to provide your registered username and password.
- After that, simply login to your account.
- Then, log in to your account, you can make the payment very easily.
Pay by Phone:
To make the payment, over your phone, you have to call at 1-800-472-9297. Follow the automated call service to make the payment.
Pay by Mail:
Send your funds to this address below:
P.O. Box 650448
Dallas, TX 75265-0448
If you want to make the overnight payment, then you need to follow these instructions below:
Attn: Express Mail Remittance Processing
20500 Belshaw Ave
Carson, CA 90746
American Express Customer Service:
If you have any queries about the American Express Credit Cards, you can contact the customer service team.
P.O. Box 981535
El Paso, TX 79998-1535
So, it is very easy to upgrade your card to AMEX Platinum Card. You can follow the above-mentioned instructions to make the upgrade.